Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Just Tell Him He's Ugly



My two daughters were having a very deep discussion after I picked them up from school yesterday. Audrey was complaining that a boy in her class yelled at her and was mean to her. Corrine, the elder, advised her,

"If that boy is mean to you, just tell him he's ugly. That's what I do."

to which Audrey responded,

"Well, he got in my face, and I pushed him down and then I stepped on him."

and Corrine advised, "Well that's awesome, but be sure to tell him he's ugly."

Let me take this moment to say HELL YES! My kids have al*ready* gotten ok with not letting a hater keep them down. But secondly, I'm super proud of my mini bitches. I've also come, vicariously, to the opinion, that being a bitch is one of the best things they can have going on for them for the scope of their lives.

I don't mean bitches in the bitch n moan sense of the word. Nobody likes a whiny bitch. I mean the bullshit it eschews when a woman is in possession of herself enough to carry on about her life whether or not they are approved of.

NOT chasing approval. NOT breaking down over a little speed bump in the road. NOT questioning the motivations of others. FEEDING your own growth and independence. Yes, I think it takes a bitch to turn the world around.

I'd also like to apply this to the male gender. It's recently dawned on me that men love bitches. That nice guy finish last nonsense is just that. Women chase assholes, men chase bitches. A guy I was seeing once was fairly obsessed with a girl who treated him like shit, didn't put out, and left him broken like, years ago. He was nice to me. We had fun together, but he was absolutely hung up on how he was treated by this bitch, and lets it inhibit his growth.

He's not the only one. I treated my ex like shit. I just had no interest in his efforts. He did not do it for me, as much time and effort I spent trying to convince myself otherwise. And he still makes suggestions at me, and does whatever I ask of him, and I wouldn't fuck him with Joan River's pussy.

In fact, all of the guys I know, have dated, been interested in, or even platonic friends who bemoan their relationships to me, ALL of them are obsessed with the bitches in their lives. The women who were not validated by a mere relationship state, and who are independent and proud of it. These men will get drunk and pour over pictures online, or become doe eyed saps in the presence of their exes (and currents), when the women in question were and are literally, cheating, lying, whoring, getting on with their lives bitches. And while the men themselves are doing this hindsight with rose colored lenses, the women are getting better jobs, stronger willed men, and everything they couldn't bring themselves to do with my friends and lovers.

I've been way too fucking nice my entire life, apparently. I'm taking a page out of my kickass kids' books and I'm just gonna tell him he's ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment